876 Chatta Bax

876 Chatta Bax
Till Mi Dead Mi Ago Chat-Up Di Tings Dem

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Mi Glad Fi Di Chance Fi Chat Mi Mind

This is  a pleasure for me to know that I can come and say anything I want to say bout anything and anyone in any-manner gramatically correct or not, yuh just need to understand the context and the concept of what i am getting at. Many persons wont like my views but that has become a norm for me but there is no need talking if you cant own your own opinion any given matter so Ive got many opinions to share.

Nuh watch nuh face mi have sumthing fi almost everyone, a joke, just di one dem weh think dem intelligent enough. lol. dont get mi wrong anyone is allowed to respond, listen, share them views, but if you  fail to understand and cant bring yourself to the level of comprehending anuh fi yuh fault. thats just how you where created , lol.

On the matter of creation , one of the First things I would like to touch on is something that has been a sour thought on many minds, the idea of there being no GOD. Jamaica is a place where Christianity reigns mighty and I hate stepping on people's toes but dats why dem mek shoes , fi cushion di blow, lol.

I grew up in a very Hyper-ized Christian setting similar to most persons in rural Jamaica but a bit over the top, if yuh get the drift. If I was to go further a Middle Class Hyper-ized Christian Home. " Jesus in the morning, Jesus in the evening , every minute of the day" ... and so fort and so on , outside of ackee, saltfish, salt makerel and green bananas, Jesus was our main meal.

I have always thought of myself as someone who is open to listening to peoples views and pulling what I want from it or just casting it into the wind but this Jamaican culture which wi call wi own is quite  oppressive I believe, no disrespect though, i wouldn't sell my country fi a blue book and a green paper. The point I am getting at is that Though I was taught by my family to own my own ideals, reason, etc they were one of the first of many to come who have and are trying  to stuff their own prejudices down my throat. I know that this is not unique to Jamaica but it definitively is synonymous in many ways.

God is a brand that has been stapled into the shirts of our minds for many a centuries for me to deny his existence to anyone would be an inconsideration on my part,pity though, when the table turns conscience is something that evacuates the building. Christians tend to think that they are the only ones deserving of blissful happiness seeing as they have been washed in the blood of the lamb. They tend to beat down on you an inna sum case get vile pan yuh mad fi cut yuh choat fi dem Gad. Ironic an idea isnt it the same God the speak about whos mantra is " love, love and more love"  but as ironic as that sounds this God of love is the same one who because of his imperfection created an imperfect world and then decideds who bun up inna hell fyah or who guh drink hunny because you have been naughty or nice .

I am not an atheist, skeptic, agnostic, evolutionist or anything like that and do not at any point desire to be put in any category other than than which i say i am HUMANIST. I believe in love, love and more love. I believe every man is the controller of his own destiny and in the end will have to answer to his own conscience alongside that of is society. God for me is a societies way of escaping  their responsibilities as individuals. And  believe me I dont care about what one wants to do with himself as long as I respect his opinions but as was said befor no one accepts the opinions of a man who utters my sentiments in Hyper-ized  Christian Society. Sometimes I feel as I someone is going to try an shut me up, which for me is more of a push to get me talking.

I dont want to talk to much on this topic , yes mi know mi chat nuff, but just to end on a not so heated note, heres my last take on di ting.

Hold wah yuh hold if a him wake yuh up inna di mawnin a him wake yuh up. I f a him direct yuh path a jus suh it stay a him a duh dat fi yuh but dont cum try and lynch mi because my ideals are on the opposite side of your reality. When mi wake up inna di mawnin a mi open mi yeye dem not Gad , when mi want money inna mi pocket fi pay mi rent anuh gad gi mi a mi go out guh look ih. Ones understanding of what was said in the previous sentences is dependent on how he/ she entered the conversation. A persons views are inhabited by his/ her experiences, perspectives and culture but it must be recognized that though we may be of similar cultures, experience and perspective no man is another hence his understandings and rationalization on any given matter should be rightfully his to be practiced where ever he chooses as long as he is respectful in his representation of such .

Thanks for listening. Walk gud an mek gud duppy fallah yuh till wi chat again. And please do give me your feed backs I am open to everyone's  truth




10 comments:

  1. well in some cases you are correct, God is that substance that govern us and to look for in a higher governance. Whatever he/she or it may called Jehovah, Allah, Buddha etc. The FACT still there is something greater than us. One could argue that maybe that so called "God Thing" that we say exist could be created such that the society could be controlled and become systematic hence Babylon comes forth. Imagine a world that is present without person having the believe that all your sins committed would be tested and tried. and at the pearly gates, someone wont be there weighing ur existence on earth. You can also consider the fact that believe in a Higher Power, tend to let people live a life that is easily considered holy and that of a good will purpose. So whether or not there is a "God", believing in him surely make u kept and think positively

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there is a greater power to those who believe and accept it , to them that chose not to believe it of which i might share very similar views i say the choice is theirs also. One doesn't need good to be good. It is in our respect for humanity and existence its self which puts us in a position to love outside of our own beings. mi nuh need a iron fist hanging ova mi head , mi nuh need pearly gates as comfort, mi nuh need a pit of fyah fi convince mi that love shold be my only religion.

    love happens in the vilest of man because we are of each other spoons from the same drawer. we breathe the same air buy the clothes from the same venda an guh to di same prison when wi wrong and di same place when wi dead. Its the basic understanding of these very simple things that causes on to hate as well as makes us love . designers of our on fate cultivators of our own destiny creators and worshipers of our own truths. Man made God in his own Image so he could dictate to others how to live righteous perpetuating his biased perspective upon the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but yet still it is put forward to persons that God IS LOve and Love is God. So whether u believe in just love. It is still greater than u and one person cannot have it for them self and it must be shared such that having the presence of the Lord around you cannot be contained but be shared also

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea of concepts of love will sound greater, the same for that of God yes, but can it be greater than man in its entirety , no. Beyond man there is nothing. Rationality is not of God but of man it is in our minds where conception takes place. Love, God and every other idea out there are conjurings of our mental. they are powerful and meaningful only because we attribute these things to them. If man stopped existing today then so would these things. can something exist without first being physical, no it cant as existence is dependent on who we are as Human beings. So we think so it is an idea which embodies my view. Whats the point of a painting existing if no one knows of it, there is none, call it naivety call, it ignorance, but the point is, without knowing understanding and comprehension is insignificant. Respect is key to love, do you need God to respect someone, no you dont. Once there is respect and acceptance, appreciation and adoration the love is in the picture. Attributing love to God is but giving up ones rights to love and an assumption of enslavement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like buddhism actually it takes the supernatural god out the way and speaks to your own power your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Buddha is there buts its a way not theeeeeeee way like most religions push it. Frankly people who think that way disturb me as i really can't see how they truly live to there full philosophic potential. If you don't excersise reason about your own existence then what other opinion should i take seriously from you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chatta, i'm in total agreement with the things you have said, i know the purpose of this blog is not really about religion, my question(s) to you though, Do you wish to see the oppression decrease? and what do you think about the non-believing Jamaicans? Should they become more assertive and unified, or should they remain hidden and oppressed? Do you blame Jamaica's short comings on its christianity like i do, or are you one of those non-believers who think religion deserves some sort of....respect?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If every human was to admit that he or she did not know anything, but believed everything, then and ONLY then do I believe that we would come CLOSEST to a point of truth and honesty. Nobody knows anything, but we all believe everything. Before I elaborate, allow me to say that I'm in no way surprised that Case writes as well as he paints. You are indeed a very expressive and poetic person, but within your statement I honestly have to ask for more clarity in terms of your stance. My only question to you would be; do you or do you NOT believe in God. Despite how much you have said how you view the way society uses 'god' to escape reality, you haven't mentioned that you simply do or do not believe in God. It's important because it creates an absolute transparency of your stance, and that I think is ideal in a discussion like this, where so many people lose their transparency
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think elaborating more on the issue of people not knowing anything but believing everything they interact with is self-explanatory and needs no HUGE elaboration. I will just say however that Jamaica as a country, like quite a few others in the world; has double standards and issues. This is indeed a situation that we all are quite aware and few are willing to address in talk, chat, or any other means, SO I commend you mr. Chat as well as Sir Djet for entertaining these types of discussions. A few months ago, I lost a lot of faith in my country, but I see now where we can make a difference(a positive one) with minds like ours fused and set under one mandate. To create a better, more honest and aware Jamaica.

    Now, Mr. Chat, I have a criticism for you and i would love an answer from you if possible, in this piece it seems you want to reserve the right to not be labelled or categorized, but you have almost shot yourself in the foot by calling yourself a name, and further more labelling yourself as a humanist. My dear friend, i dont believe that one can escape any 'title' whatsoever so your intent in that regard is ambitious but unrealistic. Further more, you labelling yourself as a humanist adds to the very same issue you speak against. Religion and Societies way of segregating people's thoughts and actions under the name of a 'strong' belief. In calling yourself a humanist you have created a whole other religion without even realising it. I hope you can understand where I am coming from with my stance and if for any reason it confuses anyone, feel free to let me know.

    ReplyDelete